Saturday, January 1, 2011

Life Sum of 2010--Goodbye 2010, Hello 2011

Dear 2010,
This past year was a very good year but it flew by! I was able to move home and have an awesome student-teaching experience in Kindergarten and made a great friend in the process. Third grade was a little bit more of a challenge but it was a great learning experience. The graduation ceremony was a much better experience than when I graduated from UVU with my Associates degree because I knew most of the people I was graduating with and the speakers. It is still weird to think that I am a college graduate!
Then I was able to move up to the beautiful, small town of Kamas to live with Greg, Kim, and Maddie. I am very greatful to them for letting me bum off of themin their little apartment, for getting me a job at Kneaders up in Park City, and being able to work with Greg and Kim. And even though I worked quite a bit and we all didn't get to see each other much, I enjoyed so much being there with them and getting to know each of them better. It was quite a joy to become closer to them and to see Maddie grow each day too.
Exciting and sad was the day that I was offered a job teaching first grade in Price of all places! Exciting because it was a job! More exciting because I would be teaching first grade!! But sad because I would be moving away from Greg, Kim, and Maddie--and everyone else I knew. Who knew that this would happen. Who knew that my favorite professor from school would call me and tell me about a job opening in Price and of her friend who was the Principal who would hire me. Only God knows what is in store for us. Even though I still don't know why He wanted me here in Price, I know I'm where I am supposed to be, I just hope I can fulfill whatever it is that I am supposed to do here.
If all that I am to fulfill is to get experience teaching and to learn, I have no doubt that I will gain that. I am learning so much. I only hope that my students will learn just as much or more that me. I am definitely being challenged, I hope that I can beat it and be a better teacher!
Lastly, probably the most exciting thing that happened this year was having Thomas come home from his mission. He came home on Wednesday, December 15. I was still in school for another week when he came home, but I got a substitute-teacher for that Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and headed up home to get him from the airport. He was so excited to be home that he was walking too fast toward us and we almost missed him. We got his sign up when he was already half-way to where we were waiting. (I would post pictures of the happy occasion but I seemed to have misplaced my cords that connect my camera to my computer)
The best part of him coming home is not just having him home (duh!) but being able to go to the Stake President's office that night and to hear his testimony of what he learned on his mission and seeing how much his testimony had grown and his articulation of it. He worked his hardest and he did awesome. I love the silly, goofball. He's a great kid!
Christmas was of course awesome! This is probably the Christmas where we recieved the least amount of things but that isn't what makes Christmas, Christmas. It's being with family and being home. If only Brian and Kate could have come up. But no worries they will be up here in July! ;)

Well that's all of 2010 folks! We'll see what 2011 will bring!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you were able to be my student teacher, but more importantly I am so glad we became friends!!!! Love ya! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete