Sunday, January 2, 2011

Prayer and Fasting does the Trick!

I really shouldn't be posting this right now, but hey my brain is fried and I am nowhere near being ready for school to start again tomorrow so here goes. A few weeks ago I had a thought pop in my mind (yes that happens occasionally) :) It was actually more of a vision--now before you go thinking that I'm a delusional psychopath, it may have just been a daydream, but nonetheless--of me in the temple sitting in the Celestial room. A lady came up to me and gave me a hug then the daydream progressed to her introducing me to her son (don't go putting me in a straight jacket yet) then you can fill in the rest of the story...let me just tell you, it made me happy. Is it crazy? Yes. Did I care? No.
So I got to thinking after that daydream 'Should I go through the temple?' I have never had a desire to go through the temple unless it was because I'd be getting married or going on a mission. I've always thought that I would wait. I have, time to time, when I've done baptisms for the dead thought 'When will I get to take that next step of attending the temple.' When I went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house I couldn't help but think, 'I can't wait to be able to do more than just baptisms and be able to do more and witness the true beauty of the temple.'
At first, right after this--whatever it was--I just decided that it was a just a dream (defined by me as a crazy ridiculous production that happens in the noggin') and didn't think anything of it. But I just couldn't get it out of my head. So I thought about it, talked to my parents, prayed, and ended up talking to my Bishop about it because my desire to go through the temple had flipped completely. I now really want to go through and take that next step.
He suggested that we fast about it on Fast Sunday and see how we feel. Well, the last week and a half that I have had that time to really ponder, read and pray, I've felt good about it. Then I would feel doubtful (for lack of better word) then back and forth. Today after I had fasted I talked with my parents and asked what their thoughts were (they are wiser than I am, ya know?) and we all felt the same. What a wonder the power of fasting and prayer! We all felt that either way--to wait or to go now--would be a good choice. So now I just need to talk to my bishop and see what he says. If he doesn't see a problem with it, I'll be preparing to go through! Yay!

1 comment: