Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Time is flying!!!

The last six or seven months have just flown past. I went through the temple on April 30 (the day after my 24th birthday). It was a great birthday---needless to say! It was such a sweet day filled with close friends and family. I LOVE the temple!!!!






I moved from the apartment in Price to a little 2 bedroom house in Spring Glen with my friend Whitney. I love it so much. Spring Glen is a little place in between Helper and Price. It's about 10 minutes out of town, but it's a good drive.






This last summer was a much needed break. I was able to relax and do things that only I wanted to do.




I was able to make this table out of wood from old crates that were in the wood pile in my parents back yard. My dad helped me a bit, but it was my idea and I don't trust myself with a power saw!




I loved spending time with my family. Brian and Kate came up to visit from Georgia. It was the first time that our family has been all together in about 5 years. Brian and Kate were so both so cute with Maddie and Bridger. Maddie had Brian wrapped around her little finger within 2 seconds of seeing him by saying "Wanna go outside?" He immediately went out with her. It was so adorable. We got to go up the canyon for a picnic, shopping with the girls, took pictures, and camped out. Thomas and I went on a river rafting trip with a bunch of mine and Candice's friends from college. It was SO much fun! I love my friends so much and thankful for the good times friendships that we all share. I'm glad Thomas was able to share in it too, it was great having him with us!


My cousin Candice who is more like a sister to me is engaged and getting married on Dec. 17 to Devin Bodily. She met him during her first year at SUU in Cedar City. He lived in the apartment below ours and we all became really good friends with him and his roommates. Candice obviously became a little more than that though ;). She has asked me to do the flowers for her wedding. Here is a picture of her bouquet and one of her bridesmaid bouquets.


This school year is going really well. I am teaching kindergarten instead of first grade this year. I really enjoy this age of children. They are so fun and I feel like everything is just making so much sense to me. I really think I was meant to teach kindergarten. I really have a great group of kids but I also think that I learned a whole lot last year. It was a rough year, but it was sure a blessing in disguise because this year is SO SO SO much happier. I know more what I am doing and have experience. It may just be one year experience, but---WOW---what a difference it makes. I feel bad for those students that I had last year and am so glad to see them doing well in their classes this year. I absolutely love my job. I couldn't say that last year, but I truly do love it. I am able to be myself more with my class, I can laugh with them and be just a little silly. I am seeing them progress so much already and I am loving seeing them learn!!


Life is great, it's flying by fast, but it is great! The holidays are coming up and I am so grateful for all that I have been given! I've been greatly blessed.

2 comments:

  1. I love it when you post. Seriously, you have to come help me decorate my house! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is so cute!!! i didn't even know you moved!! And your table is gorgeous nice work =) And i absolutely love Candice's bouquet!!! It is beautiful i saw it when i took her pictures!!

    ReplyDelete