Monday, August 3, 2009

I Love to See the Temple, I'm going there someday.

A few weeks ago we had the Bawden Family Reunion up Heber Canyon at the young women camp cabins. It was a nice place, too many rules though. :) It was really fun to see all the aunts and uncles together. It is a riot to hear them talk, banter, and tease back and forth.

I didn't have to go back to Cedar until Tuesday morning so I asked Mom and Dad if it would be possible to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. They went online and got tickets for it and we made plans to go Monday.

The temple is so gorgeous inside, I love it. It is so my temple because the inside has a lot of green in the patterns of the chair fabrics and even some green walls. I really enjoyed it. When we walked into the Celestial room I couldn't believe how tall the ceiling was. I know it reaches Heaven. The chandelier was absolutely magnificent. The whiteness of the walls and its furnishings and brightness of the light coming in through the gigantic windows really gave it a celestial glow. It really does it's job of representing Heaven. When we walked in the ordinance rooms I couldn't fathom the effort it took to paint the beautiful nature murals all over every wall. The beauty of each room was incredible.


Here is Mom, Dad, and I outside the Oquirrh Temple. I wish everyone could have been there. Someday though :)

I had the most amazing experience in the sealing room which is the reason, even after many years of dreaming of getting married in the Salt Lake Temple, I now want to be married in the Oquirrh Mountin Temple--when that day comes. Maybe it is because we were able to actually rest out feet and sit down in beautiful, comfortable white chairs and hear the testimony of a couple who has been sealed in the temple and how their family has been blessed by it. Maybe because I sat there and imagined how my wedding day will be with an unknown someone kneeling across from me and all of my family and close friends there watching us be sealed to each other forever, fufilling my every dream. Maybe because I was thinking how MUCH our Father in Heaven truly loves us that he has made the sealing power available to us to be able to be sealed to our families, the ones we love the most, need the most, and treasure the most. I think it was a combination of all these maybe's.

I'm so glad I was able to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple that day and feel of the spirit there. I'm so glad my parents have been willing to teach and still are teaching me of the temple. I thankful that my mom and dad were sealed for all eternity, that I will be with them forever. That I will forever be with them and my wonderful brothers, sisters, and niece. I love them all so much. They are everything to me. I love you all! Thanks for being my joy! I am always so overjoyed when I think of my family, its a great eternal one.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brenda. I love that temple too! It's super pretty. When Jason and I went with the girls Julie and Heber came too. Jason looked like he was with his two wives. Ha! I hope you're having fun at school.

    ReplyDelete