Thursday, June 18, 2009

Locked Out of the Car....on Top of the Mountain...Ooops!

So Sunday, Hannah wanted to go a little ways up the canyon and show me a pretty and peaceful little place that she found on her walk earlier in the day. Thinking that we weren't going to go very far up the canyon, Hannah and I only wore shorts and t-shirts and sneakers. Lane was a little smarter and had on his jeans and a t-shirt, but grabbed a jacket.

As we started up the canyon a sign was up saying that the road to Cedar Breaks was open. So spontaneously we decided to go all the way up. We got up to scenic view point for Cedar Breaks and get out of the car. I grabbed my keys and then threw them back down on the seat thinking 'We're not going very far and we're the only ones up here, no need to lock my car or bring my keys'.....



We took a few pictures then went back to the car. I tried to open my door and it was locked (i'm in such a habbit to lock my door the second I open it) so I look up at Hannah and said, "You didn't lock your door did you?" (knowing full well that she did, I've trained her to lock it every time) She did. My face evidently was pretty funny cause her and Lane both started laughing. I had no other choice but to laugh, but at the same time I was like....oh SNAP!

Hannah and I didn't have service, but Lane did--thank goodness for him and his verizon service!



We started waving down people driving by while he tried getting ahold of "triple A" and figured out a plan. We called our neighbor she was home and Hannah had left her window unlocked, so we had her break in our apt. and grab my spare key. She was so willing to drive up the canyon and bring it to us!

After we called her, a park ranger from the Cedar Breaks visitor center was driving past and stopped for us. She was on her way home from work, she lives in paragonah. She gave us the Brian Head sheriff's department # and then let us warm up in her car. It was so cold and windy up there! She stayed until somebody came from the sheriff's department to break into my car. If it weren't for her we probably would have gotten hypothermia. It's good to know there are still angels out there watching over the dumb college students. ;)


Here we are sitting in the ranger's car warming up


The police officer that came to break in worked on getting in my car for a few minutes and then said, "The good news is, your car is really hard to break into. The bad news is, we're trying to break into it." So he wasn't able to get in, but that's ok, because then Tess showed up with the spare key!
Trying to break into my car


We sure learned, on top of the mountain is NOT where you want to be when your locked out of your car, for sure! Good thing for friends, ranger angels, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but yes, local law enforcement. ;)

2 comments:

  1. ha ha you are just like your brother. i cant count how many times he has done that. you learned it from your dad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new back ground!! way cute!! LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!

    ReplyDelete